Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I'm keen for Keen

I really want a pair of Keen’s. I’m eyeing a couple of different styles and am waiting on the next time we go downtown to try some on. I think I even have Jason wanting a pair.

The only thing I’m worried about is that they won’t hold up as well as my Doc Martens. I’ve had my Doc’s for almost 4 years and wear them almost every day. They are starting to get a little ratty looking, but still acceptable. The soles are barely worn and they still even have the original laces. The downside is that they are heavy shoes.

I’ve heard that the Keen’s are great quality, waterproof, lightweight, etc. They are comparable in price to the Doc’s, so that’s not a concern for me since I was going to spend that anyways. I just want another pair of shoes that will last me 4 years. I can splurge on a $100 pair of shoes, but they better last me a long time. I am so frugal, it hurts.

Anyways, these are the styles that I have it narrowed down to:











1 comment:

jkhenson said...

It's so sad: I've never even heard of Keens. :)I'm totally with you on the frugal. Until I started subbing (last year) Chris and I have always only had one income (for eleven years) and two kids for eight of those... I've learned to be frugal...
:)
Hope you're feeling well,
Jen